Preparing for Graduation
Instructions on preparing for graduation.
- Apply for graduation through the Graduate College. For your convenience, you may apply to graduate online. Please note that a credit card is required and an approved POS must be on file before an application for graduation can be accepted.
- Register for your final semester. Graduate students may apply to graduate before registering for their final semester. See Graduate Students Graduation Deadlines and Procedures for further information.
- Application for Graduation filing fees: Graduate $50; Late fee, if applicable $35
- To ensure that your name appears in the ASU commencement book and to avoid paying a late fee, the application must be received by the appropriate deadline. If you're graduating in:
- Fall or Winter, your deadline is October 1
- Spring, your deadline is February 15
- Summer, your deadline is June 15
- Your department and faculty advisor will report the status of your Culminating Experience for your capstone or applied project to the Graduate College. A comprehensive exam may be required for your degree program, please consult with your graduate advisor listed on your ASU home page.
- You must be admitted and enrolled in courses during the semester you wish to graduate
- Your applied project completion date has to be within or prior to the semester you are graduating.
- Only courses taken within the last six years can be counted toward your degree program and be part of your Program of Study.