Preparing for Graduation
Instructions on preparing for graduation.
- Apply for graduation through the Graduate College. For your convenience, you may apply to graduate online. Please note that a credit card is required and an approved POS must be on file before an application for graduation can be accepted.
- Register for your final semester. Graduate students may apply to graduate before registering for their final semester. See Graduate Students Graduation Deadlines and Procedures for further information.
- Application for Graduation filing fees: Graduate $50; Late fee, if applicable $35
- To ensure that your name appears in the ASU commencement book and to avoid paying a late fee, the application must be received by the appropriate deadline. If you're graduating in:
- Fall or Winter, your deadline is October 1
- Spring, your deadline is February 15
- Summer, your deadline is June 15
- Your department and faculty advisor will report the status of your Culminating Experience for your capstone or applied project to the Graduate College. A comprehensive exam may be required for your degree program, please consult with your graduate advisor.
- You must be admitted and enrolled in courses during the semester you wish to graduate
- Your applied project completion date has to be within or prior to the semester you are graduating.
- Only courses taken within the last six years can be counted toward your degree program and be part of your Program of Study.
MSE Electrical Engineering Only
- Your faculty advisor will submit a Report of Final Master's Culminating Experience form for your capstone or applied project to our office. A comprehensive exam may be required for your degree program, please consult with your advisor.
- Contact your assigned graduate advisor within the Electrical Engineering Advising Office with any questions regarding application to graduation or successful completion of your comprehensive exam.
- Note: You must be registered for courses in the semester you take the MSE comprehensive exam. If you have completed your course work then you will need to register for EEE 595 Continuing Registration. Contact Toni Mengert at firstname.lastname@example.org, for the approved schedule line number.