Program FeeOnline: $99 | Hybrid: $199
- Registration for the online course closes one week after the course start date.
- Registration for the hybrid course closes one week after the course start date.
- If you miss the registration deadline, please consider registering for the next upcoming course.
Lean and Six Sigma have been used for decades and their impact can be far-reaching with significant financial gains as evidenced by companies such as Toyota, General Electric, and Xerox. Although the origins and initial utilization of these methodologies and tools are in manufacturing and date back to the post-WWII industrial boom, they have gained a strong foothold across all industry sectors in recent years as well as increased usage across all functional areas within those organizations adopting a continuous improvement culture.
Becoming a Yellow Belt will equip you with the ability to analyze complex problems utilizing the Lean Six Sigma methodology to help eliminate waste and reduce variation across processes, and serves as a basis for the Six Sigma Green Belt program. Businesses are always looking for innovative ways to do things better, faster and cheaper. The Lean Six Sigma tool set will help you achieve those goals. This program is applicable in various industries; professionals, faculty, and students are encouraged to become certified.
The ASU Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate program is offered both as an online course and a hybrid course. This allows participants the flexibility and interaction common in traditional courses.
The online program is an asynchronous course, consisting of lecture videos, active learning activities and knowledge checks covering the quality tools and concepts of Lean and Six Sigma. Participants have two weeks to complete the course including the final assessment. Completion of this program will ensure a solid understanding of the Lean and Six Sigma tools that can be applied to aid in unique organizational challenges.
The hybrid program is delivered both online and through an instructor-led interactive session. Participants will have two weeks to complete the asynchronous online course, followed by a three (3) hours interactive instructor-led session. Due to restrictions related to the Covid-19 virus, this session will be conducted via Zoom, however, face-to-face interactive sessions will resume after restrictions are lifted. This session will:
- Provide participants with the opportunity to further discuss the topics covered in the Canvas course.
- Provide participants with an opportunity to ask questions in real time about tools and their application.
- Provide hands-on experience through active learning exercises.
We also offer custom training programs for groups and organizations. Instructors will facilitate collaborative sessions that empower individuals with six tools that can be immediately deployed in their individual work areas. Please fill out our interest form or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Use of process maps to model relationships and optimize process flows.
- Application of quality tools to understand processes and make data-driven decisions.
- Understanding of Lean essentials and the removal of waste from a process.
- Utilizing root cause analysis to identify the source of faults or problems.
- Application of basic control methods to monitor stability and process performance.
- Understand the need for operations, process improvement and the benefits they provide to an organization.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma methods to streamline processes, remove waste, decrease process defects, variation, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Apply Pareto charts to prioritize problems and separate the vital few from the trivial many.
- Apply root cause analysis to eliminate and prevent problems at the source.
- Comparing PDCA methodology to the DMAIC cycle, and how they work together.
Earning a Certificate
To earn the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate:
- Online participants must complete all of the online course content.
- Hybrid participants must complete all of the online course content and participate in the instructor-led interactive session.
- All participants must complete the final exam with a score of at least 70 percent.
With the completion of this course, participants receive a certification as a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt from the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering and qualify for Continuing Education Units (CEU) and Professional Development Units (PDU) from Arizona State University.
Who Should Enroll
This program is for students, staff, faculty and professionals in any industry interested in improving processes and operational performance within their work area. The Yellow Belt program will introduce people with non-technical backgrounds to the Lean Six Sigma methodology, and will serve as the foundation for the Green Belt certification program.
The ideal candidates for the ASU Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Program for the service industry are professionals that work in the following areas: customer service, healthcare, retail, hospitality, real estate, education, utility providers, government, financial institutions, etc.
This certification is beneficial to any industry and has increasingly gained more traction as individuals that become certified gain the ability to analyze complex problems utilizing the Lean Six Sigma methodology and will help eliminate waste and reduce variation across processes. Businesses are always looking for innovative ways to do things better, faster and cheaper. The Lean Six Sigma tool set will help you achieve those goals.
No prerequisites are required to enroll in the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification course.
ASU Employees, organizations and companies registering 5 or more participants for the hybrid course may be eligible for a special rate.
We work with our future partners to create custom programs specific to your goals and needs. For more information on professional programs or certifications contact:
Professional & Executive Education